Wednesday 14 May 2014

Black Supporting Black

Hey People!

My new favourite TV channel has to be London Live.  Finally a channel I feel isn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes and cover ALL aspects of London and ALL londoner's.  True diversity!

Recently on this channel, I watched 'Nothing to Something', where one of my favourite inspirers Richard Blackwood, was interviewed telling it as it is.

Most people had heard of Richard's bankruptcy back in 2007.  But, something that Richard mentioned in his interview was the fact that the first time he was covered in a black magazine, was when everything went tits up! 

What I want to know, and I know it happened a long time ago, is why this magazine wasn't praising Richard Blackwood's achievements from the day he was making a name for himself!

What inspires me is the way Richard has risen above this and has a successful career.  He didn't allow all that negativity define him. 

As black people, we should first know and understand why something is occuring and support our bredrens.

No comments:

Post a Comment