Monday 12 May 2014

Good Morning People!



So, I thought I'd tell you a little bit more about my background so that we can get to know each better.

Firstly, both my parents are from the West Indies or more commonly used Caribbean.  My father, Clyde Wright is from a little place called Callabash Bay in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica.  And my Mother Carol, whose maiden name was Apparicio is from Barataria in Port of Spain, Trinidad.  They came to England in the 60's and met at a venue in Hammersmith, West London.

I'm very proud of my Jamaican and Trinidadian roots and now even prouder that I have my King, Martin who is a Trinidian Rastafarian.

Families who came from the West Indies, ensured they kept with their roots and teach their children about how life was back home.  It was the home-sick Trinidadians who started the Notting Hill Carnival back in the 60's.

If there's one thing that throws me back to the happy memories of my childhood, it's going to my mum's and smelling the fried fish, callaloo and dumplings as I walk through the door!

Unfortunately, my mother didn't have the time to teach me to cook.  But, just watching her was enough for me to pick it up and teach myself.  Now, I will admit that I don't cook many varied dishes, but what I can cook - I cook well.  There's no such thing as an empty plate in our house!

But, what is a crime, is that I have been to Jamaica, but never been to Trinidad!  But, don't fret, I'm going to sort that soon.  Martin and I have been talking about going on holiday there and visiting family members.  So, when that happens I'm sure I'll be telling you about it right here.

Well my dears, I must make a move, as no one pays my bills but me!  So, I'll say bye for now and will catch up with you all later.

Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment